Rangehoods should ideally be larger than the cooking zone underneath to ensure optimal capture efficiency. Most rangehood types are available in 60 or 90cm width - covering the most common cooktop widths. Schweigen also has options for 120, 150 and 200cm width to cater for different install environments and requirements. Some models even come with enlarged depths to fit into deeper cabinetry for better coverage over the cooktop.
The distance between the cooktop and the rangehood is just as important. Do refer to the user manual for the recommended installation height to ensure optimal rangehood performance.
All Schweigen silent rangehoods powered by the German-made Isodrive® Motor System include our Schweigen SteelFlex™ high performance safety ducting at no extra charge. Schweigen SteelFlex™ is the perfect solution to traditional ducting that may otherwise pose health and safety risks to homes. It is an ultra-strong and flexible high-performance safety duct made of Shirikon Firemesh®. Whereas tin and other metal ducting pose health, fire and safety risks, Schweigen SteelFlex™ was designed to specifically target these issues using a range of technologies and materials that make this product uniquely fireproof, pest and crush proof with an antimicrobial-treated surface that prevents the build-up of grease and bacteria. Benefits include:
- Lifetime Guarantee: Enjoy peace of mind with limited lifetime warranties.
- Superior Performance: Rigorously tested and certified for superior performance by an independent test facility.
- Quieter: Acoustically damped for extreme low resonance, turbulence and noise.
- Bacteria Shield: Treated with an advanced antimicrobial coating to resist pollutant build-up and the spread of surface bacteria.
- Mould Resistant: Inoculated against mould and mildew growth to ensure product integrity and performance in high-humidity operating environments.
- Temperature Resistant: Tested between -10ºC and 80ºC to perform optimally across a wide range of operating environments.
- Fireproof: Designed with Shirikon Firemesh® for optimal protection against ignitability, flame propagation, heat and smoke release.
- Pest Proof: Integrated braided mesh and metal tape reinforcement protects ductwork against even the most desperate and vicious rodents.
- Crush Proof: Robustly constructed to withstand impact without tear, rip, collapse or separation in excess of industrial tolerances.
- Tear & Puncture Resistant: Engineered for anti-penetrative strength and flexibility in industrial applications.
- Safer & Easier to install: Comes right-sized and ready-cut for quicker and safer installs by specialists and DIY enthusiasts alike.
LED (light emitting diode) lighting is very energy efficient. These lights generate very little heat, which means almost all the energy they consume is turned into light. They also last a long time (about 50 times longer than your average incandescent bulb).
Mesh filters when compared to baffles have increased airflow and keep noise to a minimum. Baffles have a commercial look and are good for longevity.
- Heavy-duty material and construction
- Easy to remove
- Lifetime warranty*
- May be noisier than mesh filters
- May drip oil if not cleaned well
- Captures more fat/oil particles
- Easy to remove
- Lifetime warranty*
- May deteriorate faster than baffles
- May need to be cleaned more frequently
The induction cooktop is designed to provide rapid heating, improved thermal efficiency and greater heat consistency. For some customers with an induction cooktop, condensation can form on their rangehood filters while using their cooktop. The immediate and contained heat source of an induction cooktop can produce vapours rapidly. This prevents the filters from gradually warming up and increases the chance of condensation forming. There are many variables that can contribute to the condensation problem associated with induction cooktops and rangehoods. Some of these variables include, but are not limited to:
- The Country or State you live in (example, WA versus VIC, and the variables in daily temperatures)
- The position of your home and kitchen (morning/afternoon sun)
- The quality of pots and cookware you are using
- Height of rangehood
- Rapid heating
- Ducting angle
- Filter size
If induction, vitro-ceramic hobs and the like are not used correctly, they can lead to problems with the condensation of liquids due to temperature differences. After some time in use, these condensed liquids can build up and possibly appear on the metal filters or the bottom of the rangehood and cupboards.
It is important to understand that neither the rangehood nor the induction cooktop are faulty. In some circumstances, the combination of the rangehood, the induction cooktop, and the many variables within your home can lead to condensation forming on your rangehood filters. For user advice on how to reduce the chance of condensation forming on your rangehood please read our user guides.
The Isodrive® motors are fitted with a clever water intrusion system; rain is prevented from entering the home as this patented technology effectively directs rain and water away from the housing and down the roof. Our motors have an IPX4 waterproof rating and are approved for use outside.
No. Please click here to find a store or contact us.
Schweigen have experienced servicemen throughout Australia. For spare parts please contact the Schweigen Service Department on 1300 881 693. (Weekdays 9am - 6.30pm AEST)
In most cases Schweigen silent rangehoods incur the same cost as the installation of any standard rangehood. Please contact your nearest Schweigen Experienced Installer for a quote.
Kindly note that wall installations require the additional purchase of wall hanging brackets available from the Spare Parts Store.
Installed correctly and used at the lower speeds, Schweigen silent rangehoods cannot be heard over the ambient noise within the kitchen. At higher speeds wind noise may be heard, depending on the distance of the motor from the rangehood and the type of filters selected.
Referencing a Schweigen Silent Rangehood with an externally mounted Isodrive® motor (1600 m3/hour airflow) and 5 variable speed levels, measured eye-level whilst in operation at a standing distance as if cooking at the cooktop:
- Level 1-3 (Heavy Cooking): Silent like the airflow from a laptop/computer fan.
- Level 4-5 (Boost Mode): Quiet hiss of airflow similar to a multisplit aircon unit, without fan or motor noise.
The external motor unit removes the fan noise from the kitchen and transfers it to outside of the home. This allows the use of more powerful motors providing Schweigen rangehoods with unrestricted airflow technology that caters for a healthier environment for the entire family.
External Motor (Silent Isodrive® System). Our revolutionary silent rangehood concept begins by having the motor removed from the canopy and placing it externally outside your home. This ensures silent extraction inside your kitchen while being able to sport powerful German made motors that can handle any cooking need.