High-Performance Safety Ducting
Revolutionary ducting now comes standard with all Schweigen Silent Rangehoods for unbeatable value, safety and performance.
Schweigen SteelFlex™ is an ultra-strong and flexible high-performance safety ducting made of Shirikon Firemesh® - a tri-layer tear-resistant UV-treated sleeve. Both are developed by Schweigen - the Silent Rangehood specialists, for quiet and efficient high-volume transfers of temperature-sensitive air.
Engineered to enhance the health and safety of your home, Schweigen SteelFlex™ is antimicrobial treated, thermally insulated and acoustically dampened. It is fireproof, pest and crush proof with a treated surface that prevents the build-up of grease and bacteria.
All Schweigen SteelFlex™ products are independently tested to offer unbeatable strength and safety for the most demanding industrial and commercial HVAC applications.
Guaranteed for life*, Schweigen SteelFlex™ works best and comes free with all Schweigen silent rangehoods powered by the German-made Isodrive® Motor System - for silent yet powerful air extraction where you cook.
- Lifetime Guarantee: Enjoy peace of mind with limited lifetime warranties on all Schweigen SteelFlex® products.
- Superior Performance: Rigorously tested and certified for superior performance by an independent test facility.
- Quieter: Acoustically dampened for extreme low resonance, turbulence and noise.
- Bacteria Shield: Treated with an advanced antimicrobial coating to resist pollutant build-up and the spread of surface bacteria.
- Tear & Puncture Proof: Engineered for anti-penetrative strength and flexibility in industrial applications.
- Temperature Resistant: Tested between -10ºC and 80ºC to perform optimally across a wide range of operating environments.
- Fireproof: Designed with Shirikon Firemesh® for optimal protection against ignitability, flame propagation, heat and smoke release.
- Pest Proof: Integrated silicon braided mesh and metal tape reinforcement protects ductwork against even the most desperate and vicious rodents.
- Crush Proof: Robustly constructed to withstand impact without tear, rip, collapse or separation in excess of industrial tolerances.
- Mould Resistant: Inoculated against mould and mildew growth to ensure product integrity and performance in high-humidity operating environments.
- Safer & Easier to install: Comes right-sized and ready-cut for quicker and safer installs by specialists and DIY enthusiasts alike.
- Material: Shirikon Firemesh® over a galvanized steel helix.
- Diameter & Lengths: Ø200mm (2, 4 & 6m) / Ø150mm (2 & 4m) / Ø250mm (4m)
- Applications: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)