Traditional Tuscan food has two basic principles - simplicity and quality. This region’s cuisine is based on traditions passed down from generation to generation, nonna to nonna. Tuscany not only boasts stunning countryside, but a beautiful coastline and culture in its capital city, Florence.
Tuscans prefer to take time to find the best quality ingredients, even if each ingredient is bought at a different store or farm. They take pride in knowing where the food has originated from and believe in eating seasonally. Fresh and local. Freshly made bread, vegetables just harvested from the farm, herbs, citrus, and meats and fresh fish all are readily available.
Cooking Time: 40 - 60 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Type: Roast
Ideal for this: ST900 / SP1600
Functions: Top + Bottom elements + Fan (Thermowave assisted)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 chicken (approx. 1.5 kg – Butterflied & de boned) or Chicken pieces (1.5 kg)
- Seasoning: salt & cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup good chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 lemon, zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Handful of Italian Fresh Flat Leafed Parsley
- Pre heat oven to 180 C (Top + Bottom Elements + Fan)
- In a small saucepan, bring stock and herbs to boil; remove from heat, cover and let steep 5 minutes. Transfer to blender. Add oil and garlic, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Combine chicken and blended herbs in shallow dish and turn to coat. Cover and let marinade for at least 15 mins at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and place in an oven proof pan/tray. Discard marinade.
- Bake in oven, basting with lemon juice and zest. Cooking time will vary depending on size of chicken or chicken pieces. Check the chicken juices run clear when chicken is cooked. If any ‘pinkness’ remains, cook the chicken for a further 10 – 15 minutes.
- Complete your dish with some sprigs of fresh Italian flat leafed parsley.